Baby showers are fun and an excellent way to let the mom-to-be know she is not alone. From baby shower gift ideas to ideas for baby shower games, we have it all covered for you to have a blast with the mom-to-be. It also creates an opening to welcome the baby with some fantastic gifts. Are you planning for a baby shower and are looking for fun interactive games?
If yes, read on for some fantastic ideas for baby shower games
- Give each of your guests play dough in different colors and a baking cup.
- Set a timer to 15 minutes
- Each guest should create a cute baby from the dough in the set time.
- Mum-to-be decides who has the cutest baby.
2.Trivia for Nursery Rhymes
- A list of nursery rhymes
Test the knowledge of the guests on different nursery rhymes. Expect plenty of laughs as many people will remember nursery rhymes precisely how they used to say them when they were kids. You will be shocked at how many of us say the wrong words.
3. Relay Race for Changing Diapers
- Create teams with an equal number of participants
- Give each team the materials above.
- Every team member has to change the diaper of the baby doll in the shortest time possible.
- They must go through the appropriate steps, including wiping the bottom, putting on the diaper, and wrapping the baby in the receiving blanket.
- Once the member completes the task, they hand the baby doll to the next team member to go through the motions once again.
- The first team to complete the task are the winners.
Guess the Baby Items
- A bag
- Baby items including rattle, pacifier, teething ring, bib, diapers, thermometer – the more items, the better.
- Keep all the items in the bag.
- Blindfold the participating guests.
- They should region to the bag and identify the items without looking at them.
- The guest who identifies all the items wins.
5.Baby Food Guessing Game
Different samplings of baby food – you can purchase inexpensive jars of baby food. Alternatively, make some. The more samples, the better.
- Blindfold the participating guests
- Have them sample each food
- The one who correctly identifies each sampling wins
Baby Quilt Making
- Fabric with pre-cut squares
- Non-toxic paints or markers
- Needle and thread or sewing machine
- Give the guests some of the pre-cut squares to decorate with the non-toxic paint or markers
- Assign other guests to start assembling the quilt pieces
- Some guests can then start putting the pieces together with the needle and thread
- Alternatively, collect all the decorated pieces and sew them together at your own time
- Baby photos of all guests
- Table or wall space to tape the photos
This is a guessing game that requires participants to identify each guest with their baby photos correctly.
What Does Mom Crave?
Cravings are a normal occurrence during pregnancy. So how well do your friends know what yours are?
- Mom-to-be will need to describe any craving she has been having.
- The description should not, however, mention the food
- Guests have to guess what she could be talking about by naming the food.
- The one who has the most right answers wins.
Don’t Drop the Baby
- Eggs – enough for each guest. You may want to boil them so that if they fall, you do not have to deal with the messy cleanup
- Wooden spoons – enough for each guest
- Food colors, markers, or non-toxic pain
- Sufficient space for a race – outdoors will work best, so choose a sunny day for the baby shower
Your guests will need some creativity to play this game
- Each guest should use the markers or paint to turn their eggs into a baby look alike
- Now line up the guests for a race
- Place the ‘baby’ onto the spoon
- Your guests can choose to use their hands or teeth to hold the spoon
- Ready, set, go!
- The guest who reaches the finish line first without dropping the egg wins.
There are so many ideas for baby shower games that are fun and interactive. You don’t even have to spend a lot of money on the games. Trivia games or guess who games will cost nothing, yet they are incredibly fun.
Don’t forget to share these fun ideas for baby shower games with all the mom-to-be’s you know. After all, sharing is caring.
Do let us know in the comments below if you enjoyed these ideas for baby shower games and we are open to more ideas to add to our list.
Recommended for you-